Resource Base - Waterfall Class
Our resource base is currently for children aged 4 – 7. This is expected to expand to 7 – 11 from September 2025. It offers a low-stimulus environment and a high adult to child ratio, and staff with specialist knowledge of social communication difficulties. A speech and language therapist works with the children once a week. Children will access our mainstream curriculum at least part of the time and will be attached to a mainstream class, which they will spend some of their time in, as appropriate to the child’s needs.
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan
- have a diagnosis and primary need of ASC
- be able to communicate verbally
- be toilet trained
- have the potential to access the mainstream curriculum
- be able to benefit from the structured, low-stimulus environment
- be within the learning range of average ability to moderate learning difficulties.
To apply for a place in our resource base, consultation must be made via your local authority’s SEN department.