Download this week’s Newsletter below:
Just to remind all parents that school will be closed for all pupils on Friday 22nd October.
We are using this day for Parent-Teacher Conferences. Make sure you have booked your place!
This week is National Dyslexia Week.
Have a look at the following resources to find out a bit more.
Just a quick post to share the first KS2 singing assembly in almost 2 years!!
Children and staff alike looked very happy to be meeting communally to share in song and each other’s company.
Mr Barrett gets ready to get ’em singing!
As we return to school, parents understandably have many questions about a wide variety of topics. We wanted to clarify the most efficient way of getting an answer to these enquiries. We are attempting to reduce the volume of emails being sent to the main office as they cannot possibly have all the answers, particularly to class related questions. This, combined with the high number of emails being received, is leading to us being concerned that our families will not be getting the answers they need within an acceptable timeframe.
Below are the best email addresses for a variety of enquiries – the examples given are a best fit and cannot cover every eventuality, please use them as guides.
For the time being, the main office will still be available by appointment only. Please use one of the following email addresses:
General class/learning related enquiries:
Questions about curriculum, home learning, PE kits etc should be sent to the email address that corresponds to your child’s year group:
Nursery – email@example.com
Reception/Year 1 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Years 2 & 3 – email@example.com
Years 4, 5 & 6 – firstname.lastname@example.org
These email addresses will be checked weekly.
For questions regarding inclusion and Special Educational Needs, email the following address:
This address will be checked daily and a response sent within 3 days of receipt.
We would ask you not to contact staff members directly, teachers will not respond to emails that are not sent to one of the addresses listed here.
If you feel your enquiry is urgent then please send to the main email address:
Please think carefully about where to send your email as it will allow us to get the most accurate information back to you.
We hope you have all had a good summer and that the children are rested and raring to go.
We are really looking forward to seeing you all on Friday 3rd September.
Details of times and gates have been emailed out to all parents and there is a downloadable copy below.
See you on Friday!
Please find below the details for start times and arrangements for the start and finish of each school day. See you from 8:50am Friday 3rd September.
Start of the Day:
- All four gates (Cooke Hall, Walsham Road, Rutts Terrace, Waller Road) will be open each morning at 8.50 and they will be staffed by SLT and support staff.
- Y1-Y6 will have a ‘soft start’. Children can come in from 8.50 but they must be in class by 9.00am.
- Children will head straight to their classrooms, where class teachers will be present ready to greet them.
- The gates will be locked at 9.05am.
- Children only can access the school site in the morning (no adults in the playground)
- Children can use any gate to enter the site
- Nursery will start @ 8:45am using the Walsham Road Nursery Entrance.
- The four gates will be open between 8:50am and 9:05am
- Teaching Assistants will be stationed in the playground to ensure children get to their classrooms’ safely.
- Main gate will open @ 3:20pm for collection of Reception children
- Remaining gates will open @ 3:25pm
- Gates will be locked at 3.40pm
- Each year group will come to a dedicated zone in the playground
- Parents can enter and exit through the entrances shown below to collect their children from the playground
- We will continue to encourage parents/carers to exit the site as quickly as possible.
We are delighted to be able to show a virtual exhibition of the school’s work, as part of the National Gallery’s Take One Picture project.
Please have a watch of the video and see what each year group did with the painting. Sadly, due to the closure of the Year 6 bubble, their work is not represented here.
This is fast becoming a Waller custom – the online Summer concert!
It’s fantastic – have a watch and, please, leave a comment in the box below to share the love.
Have a great summer!