Join us to celebrate the 25th anniversary of World Book Day with a range of activities and special assemblies, all next week!
World Book Day is on Thursday 3rd March and we have planned a range of exciting activities to take place within school during next week. Here are some of the highlights:
- On the Wednesday and Thursday after school there will be a Book Fair in Cooke Hall, which hope you will visit with your children to browse and buy the books provided by Jubilee Books.
- Children will be taken to browse the books with their class during either Wednesday or Thursday, so please ask them about the books they noticed.
- There are visiting authors hoilding a workshop with the children during the school day – either Piers Torday on Monday or Ken Wilson-Max on Thursday.
- The authors will be signing books for children to buy and Ken Wilson-Max will be signing books in person at the Book Fair on the Thursday.
- Children will be given a World Book Day Voucher, which they can either exchange for one of the special World Book Day books or use for a £1 discount off a book or their choice.
- On Friday, we are encouraging children to dress up as their favourite character from a book and (weather permitting) we will hold a parade for them to show off their costumes. In keeping with our commitment to the environment, we would much prefer children to create their own costumes by repurposing or recycling, rather than buying or using bought costumes. Please support them with this.