The government provides funding to maintained primary schools, specifically targeted at improving the provision of physical education and sport.
In the current academic year, we expect to receive £19,910 in total.
Our PE & Sports Premium Grant contributes in various ways to impact on pupil participation and attainment, these include:
- Professional development opportunities in PE/Sport for teaching staff and subject leaders
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE
- Increasing the range and participation of school clubs for all pupils
- Buying into a School Sports Partnership
- Providing outdoor activities
- Providing places for pupils on school sport clubs
- Better resources for PE/sport
Summary of Impact
- Improved confidence, ability and skills of children
- Better planning and teaching of PE lessons
- Identifying opportunities for children to compete against other talented children in the area
- Greater range of physical activities provided for the children at lunchtime
- Teaching staff familiar with the requirements and expectations of the new PE curriculum.